Wednesday, December 24, 2008

What would JESUS do?

Merry Christmas to me!!! Or so I thought....

So, yesterday I run to the bank to make a measly $80 deposit to cover a utility bill I need to pay. I hardly ever use this bank because I personally believe Wells Fargo SUCKS! :) (No offense Nicole). They screw you on every possible fee there is! Anyway, I might just be wrong about them because later when I came home and logged on to pay that bill, there was a CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!!

Miraculously there was a deposit for $4004.34 right after my $80.09 deposit. YES, FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS! Now I know for some of you this is chump change, but for me, it was real proof Santa exists!!!

What could I do with $4004.34???? Lots of friends to go visit, spectaular last minute presents for my family, a professional ear/eyes/nails and anal glands expressed grooming for the dogs! :) I bet they'd rather NOT have that gift... The ideas were endless! Of course I called the bank to find out what was going on but they couldn't tell me because it was "pending" and I called my parents to make sure no one had accidentally "misplaced" money into my account. Nope.

So, I didn't sleep all night and I realized that even Satan comes out to play on Christmas Eve... This morning I debated about withdrawing all that cash and finding out what happens AFTER I celebrate Christmas... BUT of course, tomorrow is Jesus's freakin birthday for goodness sake!!!! What would JESUS do? He wouldn't steal that money and high tail it to the Inn. He wouldn't con the 3 wise men into some immediate "business ventures". And he definitely wouldn't send the donkey to get a good once over. He'd walk those no-sock sandled feet in this 30 degree blowing wind the 5 miles to dumb Wells Fargo and tell them the truth.

So not-so-merry-christmas to me, but happy birthday to you Jesus! Someone got their $4004.34 back just in time to celebrate...

Lets hope theres a Washington Mutual bank of Good Deeds in Heaven...

1 comment:

Olsen Family said...

Great job on being honest. It would have been so hard to do that, seeing as how the economy is that would have been a great gift, but you are going to recieve so many more blessings for being honest. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas. We miss you.